BIGD has established The South Asia Urban Research Network (SAURN), a virtual plus portal which provides a web based platform for institutions and independent researchers working on urban issues in the South Asia context to connect, exchange knowledge and form collaborations to pursue further research in this area. The website can be accessed at: http://www.saurn.org/
Publications on Urban Studies
• IGS, 2012. State of Cities: Urban Governance in Dhaka. IGS, Dhaka.
• IGS, 2013. State of Cities: Re-thinking Urban Governance in Narayanganj. IGS, Dhaka. Link: http://bigd.bracu.ac.bd/images/stories/Publications/state%20of%20cities-narayanganj-final.pdf
• BIGD, 2014. State of Cities: Urban Governance for a Liveable Chittagong. BIGD, Dhaka.
• M Shahidul Islam & Mohammad Nasir Uddin Khan, Urban Spatial Growth: The Case of Bangladesh, In Bangladesh Urban Dynamics, edited by Dr Hossain Zillur, PPRC, 2013
• M. Shahidul Islam & Mohammad Nasir Uddin Khan, June 2013. Access to Urban Basic Services and Determinants of Satisfaction: A Comparison by Non-slum and Slum Dwellers in Dhaka City. Working Paper Series no-10. Institute of Governance Studies, BRAC University.
• Jannatul Fardosh, April 2013. Access to Water in Urban Poor Settlements: Addressing Crisis through Good Governance. Working Paper Series no-8. Institute of Governance Studies, BRAC University.
• Kazi Nurmohammad Hossainul Haque, July 2012. The Political Economy of Urban Space: Land and Real Estate in Dhaka City. Working Paper Series no-3. Institute of Governance Studies.
• Banks, N., 2006, 'A Tale of Two Wards: Political Participation and the Urban Poor in Dhaka City', State of Governance Working Paper, Dhaka: Centre for Governance Studies, BRAC University.
Survey Data Dissemination
• Satisfaction Level of Utility Services in Dhaka city: Water, Sanitation, Electricity and Waste Management: by M Shahidul Islam, M Nasir Uddin Khan and Syeda Slaina Aziz, IGS, BRAC University
• Syeda Salina Aziz, July 2012. State of Service Delivery in Dhaka City: An Overview of Drinking Water Supply. Dhaka: Institute of Governance Studies, BRAC University.
• The Daily Star: Power of Cities and Division of Dhaka by M. Shahidul Islam, 2 December 2011
• The Daily Star: Paying more, getting less! by Jannatul Fardosh, 19 November 2011
• The Daily Star: Dhaka's invisible inhabitants by Ipshita Basu, 18 September 2012