BRAC Institute of Governance and Development
Admission for 7th Batch
Post-graduate Certificate Course
Management of Land Acquisition, Resettlement and
Sept. – Dec. 2017
The Post-graduate Certificate Course on Management of Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation (MLARR) addresses key concepts, tools and techniques necessary to acquire land and manage resettlement of development-induced displaced people in a proper and equitable manner. It also provides an understanding of international best practices and a comparative reading of Bangladesh context on resettlement issues. The MLARR course is unique and only one of its kind in Bangladesh.
1. Introduction to Displacement and Resettlement
2. Policy, Law and Practices: Government of Bangladesh and donors
3. Project Cycle and Avoid-Minimize-Mitigate (AMM) Framework
4. Social Impact Assessment (SIA)
5. Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
6. Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) and Livelihood Restoration Plan (LRP)
7. Resettlement and Rehabilitation Programmes Implementation and Management
8. Monitoring and Evaluation
1. The candidate must have at least a Bachelor (Honours) or a Master degree and at least a second division or CGPA 2.5 in any discipline from a recognized public or private university.
Note: Requirements may be relaxed in case of candidates who have minimum six years of working experiences in addition to a Bachelor’s degree.
||27 September 2017
|Publi Viva -Voce
||28 September 2017
|Final result for admission
||02 October 2017
||12:00 pm (on BIGD website)
|Last date for admission
||08 October 2017
|Class will begin
||13 October 2017
|Name of Issue
|Total Academic Fee
||Tk. 40,000 (to be paid in single instalment in cash or cheque)
· Candidates have to collect admission form from BIGD and submit to BIGD.
· Candidates will receive an email from BIGD about the Viva-Voce.
· Candidates need to bring original copy of his/her certificates and grade sheets during the viva-voce, fail to bring original documents, should contact the program office.
Documents to be submitted for final admission
a. Academic certificates (2 photocopies)
b. Mark sheets (2 photocopies)
c. Two copies of recent passport size photographs in color
d. A copy of National ID card.
Inquiry about admission process
· Please contact Mr. Tarikul Alam Sharif (Rajon), Department Coordination Officer (+880 1731714633) between 10 am to 5 pm.
** The BIGD reserves the right to cancel/modify/change any information/ instructions given in this advertisement if necessary.
Dr. Niaz Ahmed Khan
Senior Academic Adviser
BIGD, BRAC University